Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Twinkle

The song that I chose was Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star. I chose this song because, as a child, this song inspired me a lot. I think that this song was was an inspiration of hope. When it says Up above the world so high it inspires me to do my best. It reminds me that the sky is the limit. This line helps me to push myself and to do my best. Whenever I am doing a project or a homework, I push myself to do my best. This blog is an example. I could have gone and chosen a random song that meant nothing to me. But instead, I chose this deep and meaningful song.

Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star is a little kid's song. Most little kids, when they hear this song, like it just because of the feel of it and the rhyming. Also, it grabs their attention. It calms them down, almost like it tells them to go to sleep. This is why I like this song. It calms people down and it is child-friendly. It rhymes and, at the same time, is slow and calming.

Most people don't stop and notice the small things in life. They are always in a rush and trying to get somewhere. Especially in New York City. In New York City, every hour is rush hour. I feel like the song I chose kind of slows things down and gives you the time to notice small things. Maybe, if everyone wasn't always in a rush, they would be able to notice the little things in life. They would, most likely, be happier and less frantic. But this will never happen in NYC. I mean, after all, it is the city that never sleeps.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jonathan,
    I just wanted to point out that you're perfect for actually writing about Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
    I really loved the first quote you pulled "up above the world so high" because I agree that a lot of these children songs have hidden inspiring meanings.

    ReplyDelete